By: leelefever on December 14, 2005 - 3:12pm
I don't think it's been above freezing since we arrived - according to the local news, this is officially a "Winter Blast". I agree. The other big news here is the transit strike. Tomorrow night at midnight, the transit workers may go on strike, which would grind the city to a halt. We're leaving midday tomorrow, so we don't have to worry about it, but people here are preparing for the worst.
We've learned a couple of things in our limited time on the road so far...
- Always leave the room with what you'll need for the whole day- you never know how long you may be gone.
- Come back to the room with a bottle of water and some snacks, you never know how long you will be there.
- Don't try too hard to see/do everything you can. An afternoon nap can do wonders.
- Find a map of the city and transit system early and learn how the system works as soon as you can.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help.
I thought this was a neat picture of a Hawaii girl who had never walked on ice before...