Tagged for 5 Things About Me
I've been called upon by my friend Nancy White to share 5 things about me that others are not likely to know. This is an idea or "meme" going around the blog world now. You can see how other people responded here.
1. Snails for money. I grew up on a Goldfish Hatchery that my family owns called Blue Ridge Fish Hatchery in Kernersville, NC. Sometimes snails would breed in a pond and when it was drained, I would go out into the mud and pick up the snails and sell them to Blue Ridge. It was my first business.
2. My Front Teeth. In fifth grade I was on a concrete playground with a kid named Charley H. and we were doing Kung Fu moves. I kicked my foot up into the air and he grabbed it. The next thing to hit the ground was my face, breaking my nose and chipping both my front teeth. My front teeth are now bonding.
3. Nipple matters. I have a superflous, or supernumerary nipple on my left side. It doesn't do much really. But less than 2% of men have them, so I think I'm special. According to TheSuperfluousNipple.com, I am not alone. These people are also special:
Anne Boleyn - Queen of England
Jackson Browne - Musician
Chuck Cleaver - Musician (The Ass Ponys)
Scatman Crothers - Actor, Singer
John Edwards - U.S. Senator
Brian Jones - Musician (The Rolling Stones)
Frank Langella - Actor
Moms Mabley - Comedienne
Bill Paxton - Actor, Director
Mena Suvari - Actor
Mark Wahlberg - Actor
Tilda Swinton - Actor
4. I love Phish at New Years. I have seen the band Phish over 50 times live and spent 4 consecutive New Years Eve's (4 shows at a time) with them in New England and New York City (94, 95, 96, 97). I still enjoy the music and would see them again if they were around, but I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be. I had fun,fun times being a part of the Phish community and got to see a lot of the east coast to boot.
5. I nearly died in high school. I was in a wreck coming home from a party in thick fog. We ran a stop sign and got nailed by a van on my side of the VW beetle. Both my lungs collapsed, my skull cracked over my ear, ribs were broken and glass became embedded in my face. I still have a piece in my cheek - I'll let you feel it if you like. The first time my Mom saw me in the ER, I had blood coming out of both ears. I recovered 100%.